Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Goofy Challenge 2013

Run Disney! I can't believe it, but I'm registered! Registered for the Goofy Challenge! I've been waiting for 3 months for registration to open! There was a sneak preview kinda thing last week for anyone with a Disney Rewards Visa to register early. I was patient and decided to wait until the official registration date which was today at noon. This morning I woke up, poured a cup of coffee and thought about what time I would get on the Run Disney website to register, no hurry, it's not til January, next year, plenty of time. Then I  thought about how jammed the website would be with the entire universe trying to register for this event, and no doubt what a headache it would be trying to register with the website crashing every 5 seconds, oh my gosh, I'll never get in! It will fill up & close before the website is restored and then all this training and planning and dreaming of winning the Goofy Challenge and being showered with confetti while Minnie and Mickey jump around and cheer for me will be down the tubes. Instant Panic. There was only one thing to do! So I hit the panic button full force and scrolled through what seemed like zillions of Facebook posts, found the sneak preview link and registered before 7am!  OK. Done. Now, all I've got to do is train!  I love that it's called the Goofy Challenge. That just sounds crazy and fun and goofy! What's not to love about that?  The challenge is to run a half marathon on Saturday and run a full marathon on Sunday! in the same weekend. in Disneyworld, through all 4 Parks, with 20,000 or so other runners! Have you done the math? that's 13.1 & 26.2 miles! 39.3 total. and if you do the 5K on Friday, thats an extra 3.1 miles, for a total of 42.3! (Unofficially called the Dopey!) But really, who in their right mind would do that!  Well I haven't registered for the 5K. Not yet anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment