Friday, October 3, 2014

What happened to September? Time for new adventures!


Seriously. September is over? It's Fall? It's October? Wow. It happened so fast. I guess I just missed the last 3 weeks of September somehow! I guess I have just been busy. Doing what??? A little bit of everything! Between working and running and living and grand kids and football Life is just busy! *Note to Self* Sleep was not mentioned!

The last time I checked my race schedule 2 weeks ago  we ran the Talladega Half Marathon and were at the halfway point of marathon training. Maybe that's where all my energy went! I left it out there on the track! 

A few days later RunDisney made this big announcement that they were keeping up with the latest episode of Biggest Loser social media requests! Sounds perfectly confusing doesn't it! My short version of the story is  apparently a dad & his daughter decided to get healthy. They trained for the Disney Half Marathon & in the process lost a combined 290 pounds! Wowie Zowie that's a bunch! So everybody that watched the show was inspired to do the same thing but Boo Hoo because all the Disney races were full and were sold out within hours of open registration. The only race with available spots left was Goofys Race and a Half Challenge. It's back to back half & full marathons 39.3 miles in two days! Not very inspiring nor realistic for the beginning runner or weight loss enthusiast!  (There are still a few spots left if you are interested. Hurry and register at runDisney.com)

Basically always ready to make dreams come true for believers RunDisney gave Goofy back! The Goofy Giveback! They split the challenge back to individual half & full marathon races and opened up available spots. They made it easier for runners to accomplish dreams & goals! 

After much discussion and a lot of 'let's think thru this ' type chats over coffee We decided to give the marathon back and *just* run the half! Thats's funny *just the half*! Disney runners get this! As soon as the Goofy Giveback Registration opened I registered both of us for the Walt Disneyworld Half Marathon and Un- registered us for the marathon!  I must admit I've been a little depressed about it and even a little sad about giving up that Golden Mickey blingity bling medal but it was a good decision! The half is Donald Duck themed and the medal is really cool! Win. Win. 

We were really under the pressure gun with marathon training! We were both really exhausted! We were running ALL the time & still had a long way to go! We needed this break! We took the last two weeks off from training and are getting slowly back in the groove this weekend. It's been nice to take a few lazy 3 mile runs instead of dreading that 20 miler coming up! When I trained for the 2 marathons I ran Johhny picked up my slack! He kept the house caught up & made the coffee! During our training together we are never home and when we are we're tired & hungry! We both need a house fairy but so sorry She's gone for a run! 

In all honesty Johnny & I have actually both ran a few Disney Half Marathons but NOT together! We even ran Disneyland Half twice but again NOT together! That's my fault. I always start out with him then take off by myself. That's how I run every race! But NOT this time! I promise! 


Now that we have switched gears we are really excited about Walt Disneyworld Marathon Weekend! We should have a bit more energy to enjoy the weekend and enjoy the Parks without being completely exhausted! We are still doing a marathon in a sense. I'm running my 13.1 miles and he's running his 13.1 miles! Do the math: 26.2 miles. That's a marathon right?! But this time we will do it together! 

So come on everybody! Here we go! Follow along as we chase New goals. New dreams. New adventures!  It's the journey NOT the Destination! Right?! It's NOT how you get there it's THAT you get there. Right?! 13.1 miles! We've got this! #newgoal26.2together  #me&thehubs #WeAintScaredOf #the60's

peace love & Grandmary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment