Sunday, November 9, 2014

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!



It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood to go for a run! I like to run in my neighborhood. Its usually quiet, not much traffic and it's safe! It's an easy neighborhood to create a good workout. It's flat if you run back and forth on my street. If you want hills there are hills! Small hills in one direction and one huge downhill in the other! Of course you have to come back up which is a killer on your thighs but it is a great workout for a long distance run! It's the best tool for fighting laziness & old lady fat! That big hill wins every time! 

Today I ran a circle around my neighborhood 6 times! It's exactly 4 miles. It's probably my favorite route. Mostly flat with two easy hills. It's the perfect workout for me! Not too far and not too fast. I just feel better after 4 miles! I did a slow easy walk run just under a 13 minute mile pace. The weather was perfect! The sun was warm the air was brisk! It felt like Fall! I was not in a rush. We went to Lakeside Park when I got finished running. Johnny got his 4 miles in out there while I sat in the sun on the swings and waited for him! It was really just the perfect way to rest after a great run!



All of the trees are turning colors! I think the Red trees are my favorites! The greens look so pretty with the other colors mixed in! It's a shame the turning leaves fall to the ground so quickly. Fall is such a short season in Alabama!

As I was thinking about the Fall season I thought about my calendar for the rest of the year! It is already jam packed! Birthdays holidays trips and a wedding already scheduled! That's not even counting work and grandchildren activities!  I also have a million miles to run between now and January. I'm still training for the Walt Disneyworld Half Marathon. I need to start Christmas shopping clean the house cook and and pack for the trips! 

But in the meantime, between now and my calendar just like this perfect Fall run today, I'm going to slow down and take one step at a time! I'm going to enjoy the season! And let things swing into place!


xoxo peace love & Grandmary


No comments:

Post a Comment