Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Running a few Disney miles right into 2013

It's 2013!  I got my last miles in for the year on December 31, 2012, New Years Eve. Of course I ran 12 miles! I'm counting this as my last long run for the Goofy Challenge Training. Next long run will be 13.1 miles on January 12, 2013.  I can't believe that date is nearly here! 

I've been training for most of the year. Long runs, short runs, hot runs, cold runs. Rainy runs, fun runs, impossible runs & miserable runs. I feel like I've been running all over the neighborhood, all the time!  Especially the Sat 'short long runs' & the Sunday long long runs! Every other week, whatever the distance of my long run was I ran half that distance the day before. I'm sure my neighbors have wondered what in the world I was doing! And I did too, by the end of the 'long' run! My hardest weekend was the 10 mile run on Saturday, and the 20 mile run on Sunday. But I did it!

I look back now to last January 2012 when I set this goal. Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. The Goofy Challenge! Run a half marathon on Saturday & a Full Marathon on Sunday. and what the heck, I registered for the unoffical 'Dopey' & will run the 5K on Friday. Why not?!  I can't wait to cross those Finish Lines! I can't wait to earn my medals!  RunDisney Bling is the Best!

So here's to the New Year! ChEARS to you & yours!  Peace, love & Grandmary

No comments:

Post a Comment