Monday, May 26, 2014

Celebrating the 60's Day 2!

Day 2 of our 60th Birthday Celebration at Walt Disney World found us at Epcot. It's our favorite park to go to when we are not in a rush. It's always the least crowded. We always start out at the Fountain for coffee! Years ago it was a little ice cream shop, but recently it has become Fountain View & Starbucks! That is totally ok with us!
Happy Birthday to me from Starbucks & Disney Parks!

No trip to Walt Disneyworld is complete without a visit with Mickey & a few of his pals! Especially when it's your birthday! I'm pretty sure they knew I was coming! They were so happy to see me!
Lots of xoxo from Mickey!
Awwwww. I love this Goofy guy! It was his birthday too!

We rode all the fun rides! Spaceship Earth is always first! I never get tired of taking a trip through all of that history! The digital adventure at the end is just silly! Next was The Seas with Nemo & Friends. Who doesn't love a ride in a clamshell?! We spent the majority of time in the Land. We watched the Circle of Life, Rode Living with the Land and everybody's favorite Soarin. That is still just the best ride ever. I always feel like I just came home from a quick California trip when I get off of that hang glider! I walk out of there humming the song! I think everybody does! Lunch in the Land was next. There is plenty to choose from in Sunshine Seasons. We finished the afternoon with Figment & Captain EO!


 Next we headed over to the World Showcase. Thats always so much fun! It's like taking quick day trips to different countries! You will always see something different each time you go! We got Creme Brûlée in France, stopped for a quick photo in Japan and then ate dinner in Italy! 
Japan
The Trevi Fountain....its beautiful in Italy
We passed through jolly old England and stopped to visit with Mary Poppins! She agreed I was practically perfect in every way! My name is Mary, of course!
Its a jolly holiday with Mary!

We found a perfect spot in Mexico to take a Frappaccino break & wait for Illuminations:Reflections of Earth to begin.  We don't like to miss this! It is a wonderful fireworks show that celebrates the spirit of humanity! It is shown in the World Showcase Lagoon and lights up the whole sky. The pictures never real do it justice!
Perfect spot for a Frappaccino! I think so!


You just have to be there for this!
After the show, we like to just take our time walking out of the park. We are never in a rush in this park! I love the music We Go On blasting on the speakers as you exit! and of course waiting at the exit is the Geosphere, all lit up! It is really just beautiful!  
We close this park down every time!
Another perfect day at the happiest place on earth! Happy Birthday again  & again to me! I'm going to keep celebrating the 60's! 

xoxo Grandmary

No comments:

Post a Comment